In Battle Bay we believe all players should have the best game experience possible - whether that is during matches or interacting with others in chat and guild environments.
Our fair play policy helps to show what behavior we do not condone and we see as misconduct, however we will not list everything as we hope everyone wants to be part of having and sharing fun while you play in the bay!
Consequences of misconduct and list of unaccepted behavior
Here are the general topics you can report directly in game and should be easy to follow. For those who want more details please read the end of this article.
- Floating (being AFK in battle)
- Chat behaviour
For those who would like a deeper understanding of what is considered cheating or exploiting in Battle Bay - we won’t give a comprehensive list here but below you can find the most commonly discussed items.
Of course, the obvious rule of thumb is: Don’t cheat and play fair! It’s that simple.
Gross misconduct and exploitation
- Intentional losing
- Infamy boosting (Win trading)
- Intentional exploitation of in game bugs and mechanics
- Using third party software
Accounts found to breach any of the above listed misconduct will face actions including but not limited to:
- Temporary or permanent chat silence
- Temporary account suspension
- Permanent account suspension
- Revoke any gain falsely obtained
The same consequences can apply to making false reports.
We have zero tolerance against:
- Highly inappropriate harassment
These actions will lead to an immediate permanent ban always.
We will not discuss account bans/suspensions nor provide support for accounts that have been involved in foul play and misbehavior.
How can I report unacceptable behavior?
Generally, please use the in-game report function, it is easy to use and allows us to act as quickly as possible:
Select the player name you want to report → select “report” menu → select type of behavior you want to report and write a description → select Report.
When reporting a player for something they did during the battle it’s best to provide us the battle tag for that particular battle and a description of that the player did so we know what to look for.
We will not follow up on or discuss the outcome of those reports with you, but rest assured, this is a great help in making our community a fair play environment and we will be able to take action much faster.
A last call out:
Public naming and shaming is not condoned - so any public posts reporting players either by name or replay will be closed and not followed up upon.
We do appreciate each and everyone one of your direct messages and are happy to have such an interactive and caring community - let’s keep it fair together! :)
List of unacceptable chat behavior and harassment
This is not an exhaustive list but serves as a guide when reporting.
General misconduct in a chat environment; offending other players and purposely spoiling their game experience.
- Spamming and advertising
- Encouraging others to break the rules
- Using profanity
- Threatening self-harm or harming others
Any abusive behavior targeting an individual or a group of people.
- Phishing for personal contact or account details
- Impersonating a Battle Bay/Rovio employee
- Naming of guilds or user names to harass an individual or group of people
- Expressing hatred towards ethnicity and/or religion
- Expressing hatred towards sexual orientation
- Discussing sexual content or violence