If you represent gaming or other media, you can cite video material from our games to illustrate the review or other feature about Rovio’s games, and you are allowed to include advertising in your videos, provided that you don’t claim or infer that the advertising is endorsed or connected to Rovio Entertainment Ltd. or its partners.
If you’re a content creator and would like to create and publish a review, walkthrough, Let’s Play video or other such content, great! You are definitely allowed to make videos like this, but first please take a look at the guidelines below:
- You can use content by Rovio to illustrate your video walkthrough, Let’s Play etc., but you can’t just redistribute material as it is. We will continue to remove, for example, redistributed episodes of Angry Birds Toons.
- Make only non-commercial use of our content, i.e. don’t sell or license the content you create to third parties. You can include ads in YouTube and similar services, but don’t claim or infer that the advertising is endorsed or connected to Rovio Entertainment Ltd. or its partners.
- Do not copy or take any assets from our content and distribute them separately (like characters, voices, music, images).
- Make your content free of charge to other people.
- Do behave. Your videos should not include obscene, offensive, racist, defamatory, pornographic, homophobic etc. content - and we really mean it.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- Please remember that these guidelines apply only to content created or distributed by Rovio: if you use third party content, such as music from your favourite artist, you need a separate permission from them.
We will be doing everything we can to ensure that content claims are not being made in error. However we would strongly recommend following these guidelines to ensure that your video stays up! That said, we want to spend our days making awesome games and other content, not being the internet police, so the best advice we can give is to just use common sense!
If you receive a claim on your content and you feel that it has been made in error, please dispute it. Remember to only dispute the claim if you are 100% sure that it is in error, since if the claim gets reinstated, it may have a negative impact on your channel.